Sunday 31 July 2011

Home Sweet Home? :/

Hello everyone!! A few days ago I mentioned that I was moving house, and I am currently scrounging off someone else's wifi (it's their own fault, they left it unlocked ;) haha) to write up a follow up post. Sadly no images, I don't have a camera right now D: apart from the one on my phone and macbook, which no doubt I will make use off soon!

Basically... this entire week has been completely stressful. I have had my fair share of moving, just last year I moved from England to Florida with 5ish suitcases and a dog and a cat with no help from anyone, and just over a year later, we've moved again, but this time with a lot more stuff - it's amazing what can be bought/accomplished in a year - and about 5 of my mum's work friends came to help and got us a free removal van. Well now I truly know the meaning of Southern hospitality, Florida may have its downfalls (massive "hell is real" signs on the motorway, for example? :/) but wow. We were all shocked at how nice everyone was, they all arrived at 7am on Saturday and we had gotten everything from the house loaded up into the removal van in like 2 hours, then an hour-or-so drive to the new place, and by 1pm everything was in the house.

Boxes were piled high enough to reach the sky... Furniture was (still is) strewn about the place, and basically the entire house looks crap right now. I have to commend myself on my determination to get the better room between me and my brother though! As soon as we arrived I was hot on my feet locating the bigger room and had all of my boxes/suitcases in there within about 10 minutes. Sneaky eh? ;) I'll do a room tour once it's been all decorated, which will probably be a while away but you know.

I was so exhausted after the moving of boxes and furniture up stairs a million-and-one times after everyone went home I honestly just fell asleep on my matress without a duvet or a pillow or anything. :/ Then a while later we went to 'Ruby Tuesdays' because after moving who can be arsed cooking? I used to hate that place, but my Mum loves it and I was too tired to argue... They don't have enough options for vegetarians (they have about 2) and the time before the last time I went my food was cold... Yuck. But anyway I had this really cool thing, which I'd heard of before but I didn't think it would be so nice haha! It was spaggeti squash with a tomato sauce and when I let my mum try some she didn't even believe me when I said it wasn't pasta... Deffo gonna try to make that myself sometime! Ever since being a veggie I've gained a shit ton of weight from the carbs I've been eating so squash is definitely a great alternative if you're trying to loose weight like I am. Then I destroyed the healthy main I had by eating 2 cupcakes for desert - but I did so much excersize that day it probably didn't even matter. Then slept. FINALLY!

Today I stayed at the apartment and basically organized through stuff while my Mum and brother Matt went back to the house to clean so we can get the deposit back and they're still not back, so I'm sat here, satisfied after writing this hugeeee blog post that no one will care about, taking advantage of *cough* stealing *cough* a neighbors wifi.

Have a nice day everyone :)
Love Lydia x

1 comment: